2008 Scirocco

quattrojames

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw one at the weekend on the road: :hubbahubba:

What does everyone else think?

untitled.jpg

volkswagen-scirocco41.jpg

Jo get down to Shirley VW, they have one there...

I ordered a brochure today and am going to see if i can get a test drive in one as im seriously liking these!!!

I was due to test drive one on saturday but ended up taking my lad to hospital.

I'll say one thing the pics do not do the car justice, much, much nicer in real life. Good price as well.

Hopefully I'll get to test drive one on saturday.

J.

J let us know how you get on and if i get my test drive, i will let you know..

I saw one on sunday, they look really good in the flesh. I was supprised how wide they are from the back.

Me thinks much nicer than a mark v golf gti!

I saw one on sunday, they look really good in the flesh. I was supprised how wide they are from the back.

Me thinks much nicer than a mark v golf gti!

I agree with both those points ;)

I like it.
Owned VWs for years, had both G60 and VR6 Corrados loved them. Most recently had the MK5 Golf so if the Scirocco is half as good as the Golf and has the spirit of the Corrado then it will be an absolute winner.

Hopefully VW dont keep us waiting for a bonkers 4WD version. That will certainly be on my ` next car` shortlist.

Cheers
Paul

saw 2 of these at ed38. STUNNING looking car. so much so that im considering chopping my A3 in for one. Got a test drive booked this sunday.

great looking car, same about the golf based dash, but I'd still buy one if I was after a car that size

Good looking car, better in the flesh. Would be nice to see ( if any ) a GTI version

Got my brochure in the post yesterday, just need to find the time to get one out for a test drive now...woohoo!!

VW have shown that they can if they wanted to make crazy cars like the Golf W16.

I just hope they do a real sporty number on this. I can see the R34 engine or S3/Cupra engine being used but Im just not sure if thats enough to float my boat.

I was due to test drive one on saturday but ended up taking my lad to hospital.

I'll say one thing the pics do not do the car justice, much, much nicer in real life. Good price as well.

Hopefully I'll get to test drive one on saturday.
J.

I'm hoping to take one out in the next few weeks when I get time - be interested to know your thoughts when you get chance to dabble.

Mr mrs loves them - i've an open mind as I've not seen one in the flesh, nor driven one. Looks good to me, but i hope i dont see it and think tigra!

It is certainly getting some very good reviews, so I hazard a guess it will drive very well.

I popped down on saturday but didn't bother with a test drive. I was told that I wouldn't get any kind of discount on one, not even a free set of mats.

I was really tempted by the looks of it but I'm not sure it's worth book price!

J.

MB thats disappointing, will have to see if they are any more generous around this way...

Yer good luck, I've bought a few new VW's from them as well in the past and they used to get all my warrenty and servicing work. And I've put a few people in touch with them to get new cars (which they've bought)..

Oh well looks like another BM for me then :) Who mentioned new 3 series coupe

J.

I really liked the drawings/photos.
Saw one on the road at the weekend though and wasn't that impressed.

looks awesome id part ex my s3 for one if i had the extra dough

I really liked the drawings/photos.
Saw one on the road at the weekend though and wasn't that impressed.

See I was the complete opposite I don't think the picture does the car justice...

Immaterial really as I have a feeling I will probably like the 3 series...

J.

Did anyone just see it on fifth gear??

What did you think??

I think the front of it has a hint of the R8.

I have to agree, i think it looks very nice and even nicer than the original!!

Got my brochure in the post yesterday, just need to find the time to get one out for a test drive now...woohoo!!

Nilzy, I saw a Silver one and a White one parked up at VW in Hall Green, The headlights on them look nice, not too different from BMW Angel lights.

Only saw the silver one, but will try popping in when i get a chance to check them out.

Driving home from work last night stuck in traffic I looked over and spotted a KIA C'EED OMG... Looks like the rocco's half brother....

main.php

main.php

MB, have you seen the Cee'd TV advert, with the red version?
I've often thought, seriously, that that is how the A3 could and should look.

Funnily enough it was a red one I spotted last night. Very nice it looked too!

If they can sort out the image problem (lets face it Audi, Seat and Skoda have so why not) they have a potential winner on their hands. Well priced, 7 years warrenty... I dare say better put together and more reliable than some of the so called premium brands.

J.

Saw a black one on the way home tonight. Thought it was an Alfa Brera from the back. Nice motor, but I don't think black suits it.

Jase, are you on about the Kia Ora or the Scirocco??

I think it looks very cool in photo's, but i just saw one in silver on the way home from work and wasnt impressed, expected it to look beefy and mean but it just looked like a funny shaped Golf...

It looked fairly boggo though so hopefully when they bring out a meatier model my opinion will change..

Cool if only because you get all the GTI running gear in a coupe body for a little less. However, I have seen a couple in the flesh now and while it definitely has some road presence, it's no beauty - looks a bit "overweight" from some angles, particularly the front and rear.

On the Roc - I've heard from my mrs that the one she saw on the road looked great. I'll reserve judgement until my 48 hour test drive next week.