Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport

View Poll Results: Is the new Scirocco cool?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sub zero

19 30.65%
  • Cool

31 50.00%
  • Not cool

12 19.35%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 Scirocco

Status
    They definately look better in flesh and if the dealer was willing to do a deal I dare say I would have ordered one.

But I ended up getting a 3 series coupe instead.

Enjoy your test drive Mister.C and let us know if they are as good as the press reports

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    In the Flesh:
    Looks ok from the front, but the VW badge is way too big for the front end. The rear shoulders look worse than they did on the fiat bravo many years ago, and they have been streamlined on the newer bravo. The shoulders simple drag the rear quarters out of proportion and exagerate the very small rear window.

Ok car, but is it the best VW could do? IMO 6/10

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers MB - I've got a couple of days leave to use so I've planned them cunningly to be at exactly the same time as the 48 hour test drive!

Its a company car shoot out between this one and the A3 and its neck and neck - so really looking forward to trying this one with a genuinely open mind. And having diesel for the last 3 years it will be nice to finally get into a 2.0T!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    After poking around one at my local stealers, I would still put my money on a Golf GTI... they need a HOT version and call it a GT<something> or R<something> with bigger wheels and deeper sills for me to be interested.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Is that why all the Police were there Jo???

I still like them though, think they look FAT, but thats not always a bad thing

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde View Post
    Enjoy your test drive Mister.C and let us know if they are as good as the press reports
    J.
    Well I am thoroughly enjoying the test drive of Mr Rocco. The engine is a little beauty and has had me grinning for the last few hours.

I'm hardly that well versed in the world of cars - not really driven that many. But to me it feels like a good one.

Overall view is positive. I can see why some may not like the looks - to me it looks fine, whereas the Mrs really likes it. You can see the Car's phat ass poking out in the wing mirrors!

The demo colour I have is rising blue; some would say too common a Rocco colour but for someone whose last 2 cars have been black then it feels fresh!. I like that, and white, but not sure if I'm fancying all that car washing if I chose white - black is hard enough!. The demo has sat nav and leather; good options but not ones I think I'd spec, should i get one. Expensive and not ones which are on my must have list. The interior is fine to me, though again I can see some who think its a tad bland. . But its doesn't offend me. Standard audio sound good, driving position excellent, & handling was fine.

Negatives, well not too many thankfully so far and none of them unexpected. The boot, whilst roomy enough, is not that easy to get shopping in and out. The interior area, such as the cupholders also look a little cheap, but its a cabin I wouldn't have a problem spending time in.

Right, must dash, got some testing to do!

Finally, would I get one? - it will all be down to the (comparable) company car lease cost which I am awaiting from our gaff's leasing company which I'll be able to compare with the A3. If the price is right, then it is definitely a contender.

Status
    Sounds like the press have been right about the car then enjoy the next 48 hours and give us a final write up!

J.

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Urrrm this looks nice, pity inside reminds me so much of the golf but hey like the wider stance it seems to have, what an S3 should have had:

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status
    Don;t know if any of you guys read Evo but in this months mag they talk about the new meganne. Guess what... The 3 door looks pretty similar...

J.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Yea but its a Megane...

Reverse Gear

Status

Scirocco

I think they are Fuggly. And a bit pointless, the Gti does the same job, looks better. VW just cashing in on the name. Next stop Allegro Gti from that dreadful Chinese outfit.

Tonka
    MY02 S3 Fully Loaded With Every Extra
    Near Inverurie - God's Own Country

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Urrrm this looks nice, pity inside reminds me so much of the golf but hey like the wider stance it seems to have, what an S3 should have had:

Do you think they could have made the rear bumper any bigger??

And I still can't get over the size of the rear window?

very poor effort

Neutral

Status
    i love the 'rocco. then again i am a vw owner!

Neutral

Status
    ı saw ıt firstly in Istanbul AutoShow 2008 at last week. It' s very beatiful car and adversary to A3 and Alfa Romeo. pay is 30. 000

3rd Gear

Status
    I'm honestly not sure whether it's cool or not. Thing is, It's being brought into the market specifically to sell to trendy types.

I'm gonna say Uncool. But I listen to Pink Floyd, so what do I know...

'98 Santorin Blue 1.8t Sport

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde View Post
    Don;t know if any of you guys read Evo but in this months mag they talk about the new meganne. Guess what... The 3 door looks pretty similar...

J.
    aye, all the new cars coming out nowadays are looking even more similar then previous, like a giant blob had been dropped from height and set like it.

Short and fat, bit like the welsh

1st Gear

Status
    We had one in the work car park on trial from the leasing company.

Nice looking beast to be honest, not subzero but you can't argue with what you get for the same money as a GTI. It's stonking value.
    2.0T FSi quattro Sline - Lava Grey
    Bose/Symphony

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mister.c. View Post
    On the Roc - I've heard from my mrs that the one she saw on the road looked great. I'll reserve judgement until my 48 hour test drive next week.

how did you get a 48hr test drive????
    A3 cabriolet S-line,phantom black, leather/alcantara, bose,xenons + led drl's, rear park, light + rain pack, interior light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by matmaxedout View Post
    how did you get a 48hr test drive????
    Via our works lease company - also got a 48 hr test drive of the A3 2.0T FSI quattro Sline as well. 24 hours would have been enough but any less and I can't really get a feel for whether the car is what I would be looking for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12