Alfa Romeo 156 GTA

OperationAlfa

Alfaowner Mod
Reaction score
yes yes, I own one.. but I'm curious to see what you guys think of them.

It is the same engine as the 147 GTA, but it doesn't have the VDC (vehicle dynamic control) which allows you to get the back end out nicely. :)

4f6eaba6.jpg

Sorry but I cant stand them, they look great but Italian cars dont do it for me, thats right, not even Ferrari. My mate had an Alfa 147 I think, the hatch back one, it was terrible

Sorry but I cant stand them, they look great but Italian cars dont do it for me, thats right, not even Ferrari. My mate had an Alfa 147 I think, the hatch back one, it was terrible

That's fair enough though. I'd be lying if I said they were anywhere near close the build quality of an Audi!

I'm the opposite of Bong. I love Alfa's and that one is high up there. My son has a GTV and I just think they are fantastic

:) Well it's the fastest alfa you can get short of the 8C! Which, lets face it, not many alfa drivers could afford!

I have fitted a Q2 differential to mine recently and that made a huge difference!

Wow OA pic looks real cool :)

Now why don't you explain to the folks what happened at the bottom of the hill :lmfao:

:p

Wow OA pic looks real cool :)

Now why don't you explain to the folks what happened at the bottom of the hill :lmfao:

:p

Nothing much happened at the bottom of the hill...

Well the first run I forgot to take the ASR off so as soon as the wheels spun it cut all engine power leaving me to limp up in 2nd. :(

Second run was fine.

I also destroyed most of my clutch earlier that day though. :(

Got a new one now. :)

I think there's more to the story than that... Chris want to pick up from here?

I think we can read between the lines :)

OA did two runs....first one seemed to happen so slowly :)

As he was trav e l l i n g s o s l o w :lmfao:

Lots of nothing really - any way limps up the hill - and as he passes us by there is a funny smell in the air :think: Fried Flywheel ?

Anyway second trip was a bit better - albeit still a bit slow - compared to the fiat panda that went before him :yes:

But then I guess you would be tentative if you have just caused a couple of hundred quid of damage to your motor you have only had a week :lmfao:

Hey - I can only call it as I saw it I am afraid and I like OA - but my money would be on my Gran in a race between the two :p

Chris

I think we can read between the lines :)

OA did two runs....first one seemed to happen so slowly :)

As he was trav e l l i n g s o s l o w :lmfao:

Lots of nothing really - any way limps up the hill - and as he passes us by there is a funny smell in the air :think: Fried Flywheel ?

Anyway second trip was a bit better - albeit still a bit slow - compared to the fiat panda that went before him :yes:

But then I guess you would be tentative if you have just caused a couple of hundred quid of damage to your motor you have only had a week :lmfao:

Hey - I can only call it as I saw it I am afraid and I like OA - but my money would be on my Gran in a race between the two :p

Chris

Yeah yeah, you're just jealous you didn't get a go..

And my second run was a hell of a lot quicker.. despite my clutch being on the brink of blowing up!

Yeah yeah, you're just jealous you didn't get a go..

And my second run was a hell of a lot quicker.. despite my clutch being on the brink of blowing up!

Learned my lesson on the tunnel run - my clutch was hotter than my engine......great fun though :)

But god if I tried that hill with all my front end torque - my clutch and gearbox would get up the hill before my car :laugh:

The joys of a remap :jump:

Yeah cool car imo, most powerful front wheel drive car in production or was at the time (circa 250bhp...:think:) if my memory serves me well....is that right ??

Yep, very cool, look great too.
Love both 147 and 156 GTAs

Iffy build, not brave enough to own one.....

Get's my vote, a friend has a 156 GTA and bought it after I sold mine. Great cars!

Cool car. Respect anyone that owns an Alfa.....I wouldnt!

That's fair enough though. I'd be lying if I said they were anywhere near close the build quality of an Audi!

Well I can tell you, hand on heart, my 156 was a lot less hassle than my A3 sportback.
The 156 GTA is lovely.
We were talking to the owner of one at the MotoGP in Brno, just two weeks ago.
For some reason, he had VIP parking rights that allowed him trackside access.
We like to think it was because the bloke on the gate was Alfatisti.:cool:

Colleague has one, had the usual snapped timing belt and rebuild (the 4th person I know who has!)

Its a 156 GTA Wagon, tatty, unloved, in pale blue, but still has that `something` that makes you want one, not sure why..

Yep, Cool car...end of

I was SOOOO close to buying a 156 GTA, thought it was a fantastic car to drive, but the dealer wanted way too much for her.
Beautiful Motors.

Never owned an Alfa, and never want to own one.

I reckon owning an Alfa is like being married to a soopa fit bird that looks great but doesnt sleep with you and breaks into tears frequently. ;)

My mate has had 4 Alfas, he loves em, but all he has is problems, and then he has to deal with the dealerships, which make Audi ones look good! Most of all I want a car to be reliable.