MK1 Astra GTE

Carpy25

Reaction score
someone had to do it , I had one from 1987 until 1999 ,so it must have been love. Cible's and all :wub:

astra5.jpg

astra4.jpg

not subzero only cool (in their time )due to, they rusted llike f**k and had crap brakes

Rob

Cool in an old-skool kind of way! You used to see a few on the road but they're like hen's teeth nowadays.

Cool for me!! I grew up watchin these being ragged round fields and car parks, so will always hold a special place in my heart, along with alot of the old school GM's, Manta's, GSi's, Lotus Carltons etc etc!!

I think most 80's hot hatches are cool, but thats probably because its the era I grew up in. So for that its cool

I think most 80's hot hatches are cool, but thats probably because its the era I grew up in. So for that its cool

This is it, it's the era we grew up in that makes us love these cars and think of them as icons, as they we're the danglies in its day. Modern Vauxhalls don't really do it for me, even the new VXR models - which admitedly have some road presence - are not my cup of tea, but in ten or twenty years time, this topic would be about Focus RS's and Megane R26's, as they are the hatchbacks of today.

Tuffty, your car looks mint, i remember long ago, my uncle had one and he had the full works done to it, had it lowered, engine bored out, full exhaust system, to be honest, back then i didnt know what he was on about, all i know was that when he picked me up from school and the like, i was the coolest dude in town (well my uncle was) but i liked to think i was...lol....

I agree, the car is cool!!!