AC Cobra - And its family of replica's

Gilly

Reaction score

I have always wanted a Cobra, and personally think its one of the greatest looking cars ever built.
It might handle like a sack of Sh*t given the goliath engines that live under the bonnet, but surely rolling up in one of these is nothing short of Sub Zero (as long as its not raining) (and you dont burn your leg on the exhaust when you get out!)​

For me its the 2nd coolest car ever,behind the porsche 550 spyder.:hubbahubba:

Quite frankly, my favourite ever car.

If I could only have 1 car, this would be the one.

One of these ran out of petrol opposite my house this afternoon. Was in burgundy and looked gorgeous.

I did have the 427 in mind when posting this thread, Awesome machine, but as far as i am concerned, any well maintained/well built Cobra is cool in my book!!

if i had one single choice it would be an original 427... noise, looks and furious performance

the weineck cobra comes close for just utter stupidity. but it is certainly an utter landmark car. isnt the cobra the most replicated car of all time, i.e. kits... the lotus 7 design must be pretty close as well.

When I was little circa 1972 my dad when shopping for a classic car to tinker with. He bought a '55 T-Bird for $2000. However a few weeks later was offered a ~65 289 Corba for $3000. He figured the Thunderbird would be worth more later as it was older and my Mom liked it. Years later he was kicking himself! :hubbahubba:I would want a 289 FIA with Webers. 375 bhp in that car is just fine! My mate here in the UK has a Dax with a 430 bhp 350 SBC. That thing sis blinding ly quick. IThey do a V-12 Jag one too, whcih might be neat too.

carbster

accobra.jpg

from hols in La

Sub-zero for me. A truly stunning shape, fantastically simple but totally menacing. Awesome.

Its just a beautiful machine! I've already told the missus when we upgrade to a bigger house in a few years thats got a garage i'll be building a Dax replica using an XJ8 as the donor car, gotta have something to look forward to in life is what I say!!

What a car the cobra is,ultra cool,off the scale,everything about them is amazing,the noise,performance,the way they look