Audi A5/S5

Again, i'm not sure.

I've only seen it in pictures but to me it looks as though Audi didn't try that hard with the styling. It's got a hint of a the 3 series coupe with some Audi corporate styling cues added to it.

The S5 obviously looks a bit better. But it may just be one of those cars (Like the Ferarri 599) that doesn't photograph as well as it looks in real life!

I think all modern Audi's are desireable these days, they have the image and the cars all generally have road presence(apart from the A2!), this A5/S5 coupe can only be a success which ever way you look at it, and will be 'Cool' for the first few years for sure, but when they start to get a bit common, they don't seem that desireable anymore...
So cool for now!

sat in a left hand drive one in Ayr Audi scotland last week, colour was horrendous but the car was awesome.....wheel options are gorgeous and the salesman was saying for £1600 you get sport packs, 19" alloys and .5 of a second slower than the s5........gets my vote,

how about this ??? mariage between Audi and BMW
Think it looks great....found it as a photoshop job on detailing world....

It looks like a TT thats just about to hit Warp1 then the wind changed and it got stuck in the stretched out position,...

Dosnt it?

Looks very cool. Notice the pics are of the A version, rather be looking at an S version though! Will probably be better with some subtle extra body styling, slammed and some deep dish alloys on it, but definately not the Audi/BMW hybrid.

i love it! its gorgeous, finally a 2 door coupe from Audi! when ive got more than a penny to my name, ill definately be buying one

In the words of Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction "god damn, i say GOD DAMN!" that is one fine car.

Cool at the moment.........................until I see one in the metal.

Then it can go either way.

I wonder when the AUK A5 configurator is gonna be up and running.

Uncool

What happened to the Nuvolari concept from 3 years ago? They have just turned it into a pretty but bland typically german mid sized coupe. Cant see any reason to get this over a 335i or CLK other than the fact its an Audi.

Im gutted because i was waiting for and A4 sized coupe to come out for my next car... but the A5 is just so bland and middle of the road

Nope doesn't do it for me. I'll stick with the A4 which looks much better

It looks like a new TT to me (which isn't a bad thing IMO) but it's just had one too many cakes!

I guess if you need a bigger coupe it's alright but I think I'd go for the 335!

Oh, and in answer to the question about being cool, nope, not even close. Cool to me is something with character like that Porsche on 5th gear last night (the driver was ****** annoying though) not a car that YOU think YOU look cool in because it's the new A5/S5 coupe! It's all about the car...

silver75 said:
Uncool

What happened to the Nuvolari concept from 3 years ago? They have just turned it into a pretty but bland typically german mid sized coupe. Cant see any reason to get this over a 335i or CLK other than the fact its an Audi.

Im gutted because i was waiting for and A4 sized coupe to come out for my next car... but the A5 is just so bland and middle of the road

Same here. For my next car I was looking at changing my A4 to a coupe especially after seeing the Nuvolari concept which looked awesome. I was looking forward to the launch of A5 and hope it would look identical to the concept but it doesn't. Had I not seen the Nuvolari I think I would have liked the A5.

Road Razor said:
Same here. For my next car I was looking at changing my A4 to a coupe . I was looking forward to the launch of A5 and hope it would look identical to the concept but it doesn't. Had I not seen the Nuvolari I think I would have liked the A5.

IMHO the A5 is going the same way as the BM 3 Coupe, similar dynamics to saloon but arguably better looking. The A5 IMHO is very colour sensitive and wheel sensitive... Black with 19in Y alloys looks cool, Topaz Blue with 17's looks Sad old G 17 (note the PP reference, I hate them!!)

Cheers

RG

Black is the best with as Top Gear suggest 'Madam Whiplash Red seats!!):hubbahubba:

Sam-K said:
GET OVER IT!!!

oh my god, i swear you won't stop talking about private plates .. is it not mentioned in 90% of your posts..?:sadlike:

94.2 actually!!:icon_thumright:What you doing at Stafford Uni?? Maths?

Sam-K said:
Automotive Tech.. tada.

..why would i want to realistically evaluate it.?

You were so definate about yer 90%! less than 50% think the taboo objects are great BTW>> The only reason I bang on is cos so many folks talk BMW and PP and I would rather talk Audi.... so it's worked on you... only circa 99.9%+ left to convert!!

A little to BMW 3 coupe', but I like it. Still could be better; maybe?

I put cool, I test drove the S5 a few weeks back and found it abit boring though.

The styling of the A5 wasn't what I expected but having said that it is starting to grow on me but it all depends on the colour, however I do like the S5 a lot.

Drove it about 30 minutes and found it brilliant

Does anyone else think they are very colour sensitive?

Marks out of ten.

My view

Topaz Blue 1
White 2
Silver 6
Deap Sea Blue 7
Meteor Grey 8
Phantom Black 10

Any other views ???:icon_thumright:

The A5/S5 is not a photogenic car at all. In every photo i've seen, even promotional stuff it looks very average and the swooping line of the car just doesn't look very 'Audi'.
In the flesh it's a different matter though. I've seen a few now and it's a stunning, very elegant car. Especially the S5 in silver.

They look awesome in Phantom Black :icon_thumright: .

when I picked my car up there was an A5 to be picked up too (same colour as the pic) and an S5 inside the dealers. The S5 I liked, the A5 did nowt for me.... The rims on the S5 were great!