Lotus Carlton?

Quite cool.

Probably a surprising verdict from a seasoned Vauxhall-head.

I've been out in a couple, and they really are VERY VERY FAST. 0-100 in the 10's?

I just don't think they've aged too well.

Other than a couple of badges, the interior is pretty much like any other Carlton taxi you'll have been picked up in the 90's.

They are a pain to run and maintain,..............even for a chap I know who owns a well respected Vauxhall tuning company. If they breakdown, don't expect to find spares in a hurry. Unique shocks, unique hybrid gearbox, front pads at £100+ a set,................and if you lose the front tiny plastic tow-eye cover,............that's £90 plus VAT in primer thankyou very much.

The worst part of all though, is that virtually all of them are riddled with rust now. That big butch plastic bodykit hides the REAL story unfortunately :(

I had a run with one of these when I had the Supra, it was no where near as fast as I thought, the one I had a go up against was an LHD Opel not a vauxhall badged one.
Ridiculously overpriced and over hyped, give me the Sierra Cosworth anyday.

A4Quattro said:
I had a run with one of these when I had the Supra, it was no where near as fast as I thought, the one I had a go up against was an LHD Opel not a vauxhall badged one.
Ridiculously overpriced and over hyped, give me the Sierra Cosworth anyday.

Lotus Omega ;)

They tend to sell for £9-10K over here, instead of £15K+ for the LC's.

Lotus Carlton, apart from that any car that annoyed the anti-speed mob is cool.

Sub-zero. Any car that gets debated in the Commons about its right to exist is beyond cool for me!