Lotus Elise

benw123

Reaction score
Early models of these are getting very good value now! So what do we think?

car_photo_206654_5.jpg

Yeah, I've got a soft spot for these. Not a commuter car, but when I have so much money that it doesn't really matter, I guess I might get myself and the missus a couple.

One of the pinnacles of British engineering. Fantastic!

my sisters ex boyfriend had one i had a go in it and nearly crashed it because it was crap!!! its ok to 60mph but after that its incapable of preserving a human life!!!

Randomjim said:
when have you ever seen anyone cool driving a lotus elise :no:
:iagree:

There's a guy with one that regularly visits an old biddy across the road from me & I think they look way too small & flimsy. If anyone says size doesn't matter then you have to wonder why they're talking such crap. :haha:

Randomjim said:
when have you ever seen anyone cool driving a lotus elise :no:

I had a Lotus 135 sport series 1
Great car fun to drive and excellent handling sound great

No creature comforts and a nightmare to get in and out of
I would def buy another again if I could!!

Cool Car for me!!!

I had an S2 for 2 years bought in 03, sold in 05. Driven everyday, went on holiday in it. Drove 15000 miles.

Feedback, nothing else in that bracket touches it for being connected with the road, handing, again, think go kart, you get out what you put in, it can be a real workout on short tight twisties:D Would I own another, when I can afford one yes.

How does it compare to A3/S3 etc different car, the A3 is wolly heavy and dull by comparison. But then I didn't buy nor do other people buy an Audi to pretend they like Elises.

It is a shame people care more about image than driving experience. S3 vs Elise, you ever tried steering a bouncy castle?

chap at work has one and took me for a spin,it is top handling but even he said it was a go-kart.uncool
try getting in and out of one with dignity

certainly not a cool car as it has a hair dresser image like most small sports cars. Yet fantastic to drive i just struggle getting in/out due to being 6'2 and 17st but i would have one just for the fun of it

A3simon said:
certainly not a cool car as it has a hair dresser image like most small sports cars. Yet fantastic to drive i just struggle getting in/out due to being 6'2 and 17st but i would have one just for the fun of it

This is the thing, this generation of keeping up with the Jones' care more about what they look like getting in and out of one that if its any good as a car or not.

Thats sad.

I'm saying uncool on this for the main fact I'm 6ft5 and would never even attempt to fit in one. And I prefer the MR2 (not the latest ones) I've got one, and I fit in it! Just.

I think its lovely!!- Is there any boys out there who want to give me a kiss?

SteveS said:
my sisters ex boyfriend had one i had a go in it and nearly crashed it because it was crap!!! its ok to 60mph but after that its incapable of preserving a human life!!!

DSCF0259_JPG.jpg

they dont like being crashed (this came into my work as a breaker, i dont know what the **** we were supposed to sell off it LOL)

And i think the early Exige looks the nuts..

exige.jpg

I think its uncool because of the people who stereotypically drive them TBH
http://www.lotusespritworld.com/images/Lotusmodels/exige.jpg

To anyone who said this is a hairdressers car or it handles terrible and you will die in it is just wrong...you obviously have not owned one.

Having owned an s1 standard car its not fast - it does handle superbley, does require a certain humour!...for certain moments it entry and exit!.

Yes its freezing in the winter especially with the top off, but who cares.

Awesome little motor - i have also owned an exige which was i have to admit a tad to hardcore for me.

Would own another if it did not have the terrible rover engine.

I love the Exige, dont like the Elise as much. My long term goal is to have an Exige as a weekend/sunny day car, and maybe something more sensible for the working weeks/rainy days.

I dont think the Elise is cool.

The Exige however is cool... well on track it is, and in fantastic sunny hot weather.

Driven a 111S round donnington, great track car but you look like a fag driving one on the road.

My mate had a 111S fo 2 years and everything kept breaking on it, he chopped it in for a proper car, a 996.

Great drivers car, but cool????

No.

Now, I havn't really paid much attention until last night when driving down a country road I was overtaken by one, it was immense, hopping in between cars like a motorbike! My first thought was 'you tosser' dangerous driving but really I was a bit jellous - so agile and the noise of it actually made a bit of wee come out - it was georgous - one of the best sounding cars I have actually heard in real life. I dont know how tuned it was or if it had a custom exhaust etc.. A second later another one came up behind me and started racing the other one, darting in between the traffic and caning it down these country lanes. So quick and agile. I was well impressed.

As mentioned you can pick them up for reasonable prices now really, if I had money to burn I would definatly consider getting one as a weekend/sunny day type car they just look so much fun and A* handling.

Are they cool though? I don't really know .. Would I have one? Yep :D

very cool wee car, defo not a hairdressers motor although my hairdresser, blonde, 30ish and I suspect a boob job would look stunning getting out od one in a little black dress....lol

I went for a run in my brother in laws and loved it, I wouldn't buy one though, it would need to be a 2nd car as my motorway commute would have me cringing with that suspension and the noise

I'm going uncool.

Don't get me wrong I think it's ok, but they made the Exige.... and that - for a modern Lotus, redefined cool.

Plus I had an interesting experience with a guy in a Elise. There I was tootling down a country lane, minding my own business, obeying the speed restrictions in my 3.2 V6 A3... and I happened to notice a quite irate driver behind me in an elise who, apparently, did not think i was travelling quite quickly enough. I duly placed my foot on the accelerator, just to please him (not to get away from the ***** git, you understand) and and the gentleman proceeded to try and overtake me. The gentleman didn't seem to quite manage the manouvre as, when he swerved out on to the opposite side of the country lane in order to pass my slow moving V6, he lost control of the back of the car, spun it and landed in a tree.

Don't worry ladies and gentleman the man was fine. Ego bruised, arm broken, smashed face and car written off. But he was fine.

I'm thinking this has something to do with my decision...