New Audi TT

benw123

Reaction score
As this new Cool Wall is a great new feature to ASN, I thought I'd start one of my own.

So what do we think of the new TT?

car_photo_208978_5.jpg

car_photo_208980_5.jpg

Having seen it in the flesh I'm a fan - moves the original on nicely and at last is apparently exciting to drive.

Im not sure its trendy but is it cool. Only time will tell if you ask me.

I really like it especially in black, I know I'll get shot down for this but wish they'd do a fast diesel in it .

Spin140 said:
I really like it especially in black, I know I'll get shot down for this but wish they'd do a fast diesel in it .

If Audi have their heads screwed on they should make a diesel version, im sure it would be popular!!

Its cool in my opinion anyway!!

looks cool from the front, not so sure from round the back !

Adams3 said:
If Audi have their heads screwed on they should make a diesel version, im sure it would be popular!!

Its cool in my opinion anyway!!
There's got to be a good chance they'll stick the 170bhp version of the 2.0TDI in it.

benw123 said:
There's got to be a good chance they'll stick the 170bhp version of the 2.0TDI in it.

I'm pretty sure they've lined up a Diesel version of the TT, even the A4 convertible has a diesel option, so why not the TT?!

ive seen a few silver and red ones around, but saw a black one at west london audi today. By far the best colour for this car, looked amazing !!

Thank god the original has been replaced,

Its very cool, would Audi ever make some kind of RS version of it??

sorry im not convinced.. gimme an old shape TT Sport in Red (with black roof) anyday over that..

it reminds me of the new focus (looks like someone squashed and streched the old model)

Fab car.
Very smart and a greatly improved TT.
Can't wait to see the diesel version when it comes out.
And yes it is smart in Black.

For my money, definitely an improvement over the original though the wife's not so sure about the long back screen.
Anybody see fifth gear tonight - pitted a Z4 against the new TT.

:rockwoot:
Does anyone have a picture of the new TT in phantom black. I can not find one anywhere and non of the dealers have one either!!!

its ok hardly much difference on the interior then the old tt, i hate the Q7 who agrees with me on that i think its looks dam ugly!

All 4x4's are ugly
new TT 3.2 two seater jobby is the best version

one of the guys in work bought one - looks really nice - the car that is. :icon_thumright:

Drove a 3.2 recently and it has confirmed to me that they are cool :icon_thumright:

Nice looking car, especially in Black

I would be cheesed off if i had ordered one though, seeing as it looks like its getting an L.E.D light upgrade already, so people who have already placed an order and are waiting 9 months for delivery will be getting the "old" style lights

I had a Mk1 which was good test drove the new one fully expecting to order one, whilst it looks lovely i was very disappointed with the engine/quattro choice so opted for the S3 :hubbahubba: after a test driving all three cars.

I'd still say it's cool tho'

Ours should arrive March, Phantom Black, Red Magma, 19 in 7 spokes.. + a few other toys. Whats all this about LED lights though???

Why have one when the S5 is So much classier!
The new ones ok but you know who's going to Spoil it...

Have you driven new TT? Significantly more 'butch' than the earlier model! Wife loves them too!:hubbahubba:

Only driven the Mk1, No desire to try a Mk2. Every time I see a bloke behind the wheel it just seems a bit wrong IMHO. Still tainted by the hairdresser tag no matter how nice a drive it is supposed to be.

Just screams 'mid-life crisis'!

Much rather be in something like an S3, or an A5/S5.

Issac Hunt said:
Only driven the Mk1, No desire to try a Mk2. Every time I see a bloke behind the wheel it just seems a bit wrong IMHO. Still tainted by the hairdresser tag no matter how nice a drive it is supposed to be.

Just screams 'mid-life crisis'!

Much rather be in something like an S3, or an A5/S5.

Thought you had not driven one. I had 2 x TT's for a weekend (3.2Q and 2.oTFsi) and an S3. S3 has more room and is quicker I agree but it does have a serious drink problem and is quite raw. The new TT package is in a different league. Light, fluid, responsive and economical. The S5 is 40k + TT is circa £30k (either model with Leather and a few bits) and guess which will have the greater residual. Mk 1 TT image will take a while to wear off but go and try one!!!:bye: I'm not worried that you see 'hairdresser' as I have very little!!

TT
R:blow:

I think that Old TT is much cool than New TT.
The interior decorator of New TT is not fashionable to me.
Johnny Liu from Taiwan(R.O.C.).:rulez:

johnnyliu0605 said:
I think that Old TT is much cool than New TT.
The interior decorator of New TT is not fashionable to me.
Johnny Liu from Taiwan(R.O.C.).:rulez:

Agree in a way Johnny. Mk 1 was original and interior arguably more original. The Mk 2 misses some interior detailing but IMHO it's still cool. Where the Mk2 excels is it's performance and handling, and it has lost much of it's hairdresser's image..

Cheers:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Rick Glover said:
and it has lost much of it's hairdresser's image..
Not to everyone.It is a nice looking car but it still hasnt lost that image totally.

james0808 said:
Not to everyone.It is a nice looking car but it still hasnt lost that image totally.

I didn't say it had did I. Still a cool car and by the way my hairdresser has a Mark 1 TT!!

New models attracting a wider customer base.:respekt:

Rick Glover said:
I didn't say it had did I. Still a cool car and by the way my hairdresser has a Mark 1 TT!!

New models attracting a wider customer base.:respekt:
I dont think its cool at all.Looks ok but not cool.
Your hairdresser will probably get one soon enough.

james0808 said:
I dont think its cool at all.Looks ok but not cool.
Your hairdresser will probably get one soon enough.

You'll enjoy one when you eventually get one I am sure.

R

PS My hairdresser only got her Mark 1 a week ago so I expect it will be a year or two until she get's one. First thing she did was take off the PP so some hairdressers have got it!:icon_thumright:

I dont think it's a cool car, it's not a bad looking car (depending on the angel) I think the image of the TT's been destroyed by the mkI which was a cool car until every man and his estate agent got one.

J.

marriedblonde said:
I dont think it's a cool car, it's not a bad looking car (depending on the angel) I think the image of the TT's been destroyed by the mkI which was a cool car until every man and his estate agent got one.

J.

Our Estate Agent has got a Z4 Coupe! It's n:sorry: ot even 4wd!!

TT
R