After some long thought – I have decided to sell my A4.
It’s been a tough decision for me, but I have decided I would like a quick petrol car again.
The diesel is great, but im now craving performance that only a petrol car can offer (will be looking at Mitsubishi Evo’s and the like)
I have had my A4 for just on two years and lavished plenty of time (and money) on the car.
All the items the car has wanted for have been replaced with OEM quality (or better) parts.
The car itself is a 2003 A4 Quattro Sport Avant 2.5 TDi (180bhp AKE engine)
The standard sport refinements;
Sports cloth interior,
Night ambient lighting,
3 – Spoke steering wheel,
Symphony sound system with hidden subwoofer,
Aluminium interior trim.
The car has the Votex bodykit fitted, which was a factory option.
As you may already know, some of the 2.5TDi engines suffer from camshaft failure due to long-life servicing.
Unfortunately for me, this engine suffered the camshaft wear issue in 2012.
I ended up replacing the camshafts and all associated parts (hydraulic lifters, rocker arms.etc) with forged components from Kolbenschmidt and INA, at the same time all belts, tensioners, rollers and waterpump were replaced with Contitech and Ruville components.
The above job stood me at close to £2000 (I have documentation and pictures)
Needless to say, the engine has been fine ever since, and restored the lost power that was the result of worn camshafts.
During my time with the car, I have carried all the servicing myself – for the reasons that I know that the servicing jobs have been done properly with good quality items, oil changed every 5,000 to 7,000 miles.etc – the car had full Audi service history up until my ownership.
I have kept all receipts and invoices for parts and consumables which total close to £5000 during my ownership! – Yes, it has been looked after.
During my ownership the following key items have been replaced;
· - Engine camshafts and associated parts.
· - New LUK clutch and dual-mass flywheel at 145,000 miles.
· - All front suspension arms replaced with Mayle HD items.
· - Suspension
I have also carried out the below modifications which I feel improves the look and feel of the car;
· - Weitec GT coilover kit (Standard sport suspension is available with the car).
· - Audi RS4 rear anti-roll bar.
· - Audi S4 345mm front brakes.
· - 6300k dipped beam HID kit.
· - 19” RS6 wheels (replica) with good Maxxis MA-Z1 tyres.
· - Full BCS automotive stainless exhaust system – catalysts removed (NOT an MOT fail as the car did not have a particulate filter as standard)
· - EvoChips remap to a stated 210Bhp, 420NM.
(Clear lenses on the rear lights have been pasti-dipped – this can be easily removed and is not permanent)
Car handles excellently due to the suspension set up and the fact it is a Quattro – it is literally a joy to corner in, which has left a few people stumped!
Interior is standard aside from the Symphony II+ headunit from a 2008 A4 which added a; 6CD MP3 changer and enhanced sound quality (keycode and documentation included).
I had the front bumper re-sprayed a few months ago to fill and cover the usual stone chips which had accumulated over time.
As with any car, there are a few points which I must mention;
· - There are 4 car-park dints around the car.
· - 2 stone-chips on the bonnet
· - Front wings have slight surface rust on the inner arch – not visible unless looking but will probably need attention in the future.
· - Oil weep from front camshaft seal – this is a very slight leak which I have had since the camshafts were changed, the car does not leak or drop any oil – I was waiting till the next cambelt change to have this rectified.
· - One of the front wheel bearings has started to show signs of wear (slight noise when driving).
Overall I believe the car is possibly one of the best for its age, pictures don’t really do justice for the car.
Mileage is on 159,200 but will increase due to being my daily drive.
Car has just been taxed for 6-months, MOT due at the end of February.
It doesn’t make any financial sense selling my A4, but I feel if I don’t move now then I never will!
Please get in touch if you have any questions or would like to view the car.