For sale is my immaculate late 2001 registered facelift Audi S3.
I searched for a long time to find the perfect car that had been untouched and free from so called "modifications", had low mileage and was well looked after. I eventually found this example, which had been owned by one mature owner from new and it shows in the way it looks and drives.
Since being in my ownership I have ensured that everything required to keep the car in perfect running order and reliable has been done, no expense spared and no shortcuts. These cars are not cheap to maintain correctly but are solid and reliable if they have been.
- Audi S3 Facelift Model in silver with black leather interior
- 2001 ('51)
- 71k miles
- Tax until 31st August 2012
- MOT until August 2012
- Full Service History (combination of Audi main dealer, AmD Technik and local trusted service engineer)
- Comprehensive folder of receipts from new up until present including original Audi handover checklist and brochure
- All 3 keys present (2 remote fobs and 1 wallet key)
- Only 1 previous owner from new
- Silver with black leather Recaro interior
- All the usual S3 extras plus the options of Cruise Control, 6 CD auto changer and boot securing net.
All recent service items carried out within the last 12 months whilst in my ownership;
- Cambelt and water pump carried out at AmD Audi Specialists
- Oil & Filter Service carried out at AmD Audi Specialists
- Engine remap carried out at AmD Audi Specialists
- Gearbox, front diff and rear diff oil change
- New engine/gearbox ("dogbone") bush
- Thermostat replaced
- Coolant Temperature Sensor replaced (Genuine Audi parts)
- Varta Silver premium battery installed (to replace old worn out unit)
- Full Hunter Digital wheel alignment carried out
- Replacement of all 4 coil packs carried out by Audi Chelmsford (under recall)
I have installed a Parrot Asteroid radio which provides the following benefits:
- Full Bluetooth handsfree capability
- Internet connection (google maps with directions, internet radio, traffic reports, speed camera advisories)
- Voice control for music selection & phone operation
- connection and full integration with Apple iPod
including on screen album artwork
Also included in the asking price are a full set of 16" Genuine Audi TT wheels fitted with Dunlop Wintersport 4D as a complete winter package - these have done about 500 miles so are practically brand new. These are incredible in the snow and ice and are well worth having fitted during the cold winter months.
The car drives perfectly; there were no advisories at the last MOT in August. Bodywork is very good with the exception of a couple of trolly dings, there is no rust in the usual places or anywhere else for that matter. The interior is in exceptional condition probably attributed to the low mileage and careful owners.
The car is not suffering in the usual weak spots with dead DIS screen pixels, the leather is un-marked, the cup holder actually works and the heater control unit buttons are not worn etc.
If I was being particularly picky then the rear brake discs could do with replacing but certainly not required until the next service (not even mentioned at the last MOT).
The car is HPI clear and has not been involved in any accidents or have any outstanding finance. I have the paperwork from when I carried out the check, but by all means feel free to carry out your own. Any inspection is also welcome.
Asking price including extras as listed is £6,250 o.n.o.
or £5,750 without the winter tyre package and original Audi Concert in place of the Parrot radio
Will consider p/x for Porsche Boxster
Pistonheads advert - Audi : 2001 Audi S3 - 1 Previous Owner / 71k miles