EM TuningVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Audi 100 URS4 front brake cage thingy

Just bought some new rst replica alloy wheels for the old girl. Changed the rear wheel no problems, then came to the front to find there was a strange sort of protective cage thingy, which also seems to be attached (or rusted) to the disc. When the screw on this was removed the entire disc becomes loose, very weird system.
    Anyway it's stopping the alloys from fitting. Can I get rid of these eyesores? They make alloys look like hub caps!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Do you hve any pics? Quite interested to see what it looks like.

S6
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Are these the famous UFO brakes that these cars originally had. I thought most of them had been replaced under warranty as they had a tendency to warp. There's a lot of stuff on the archives of audifans about them.

Pictures?

Paul
    1996 S6 Avant Automatic - soon to be replaced
    2006 A4 Cabriolet

2nd Gear

Status
    Will be the UFO setup. They are attached to.the disc. Most people change for.the hp2 setup found.on the URS6. Straight swap and the brakes are easier to change/ cost less to replace and don't fad after hard braking. Which I experienced with my urs4. They do foul some alloys. I had the original style rs4 rep wheels which went on no probs.
    Audi A6 2.5 5Cyl tdi Quattro running 180ps 370Nm @0.9bar soon to be over 200ps

AUDI URS4, URS6 and A4 1.8T breaking Lots of spares available at good prices. Large parts require collecting.