Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Audi Coupe buying advice please

Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy my first ever Audi!

A nice looking coupe caught my eye at a local garage last week. I have been back a couple of times to have a look around the car. It seems to be in good condition and i can feel myself falling for the car big time. :lol:

I was wondering if anyone could give ma a little advice?

It is on a D plate, and is the 2.2 Coupe GT

It has done around 120,000 miles. I can see a little rust start to come through on one of the rear arches. The only rust woth mentioning though is on the sills. It is not bad enough that you can push it through, but there is a few patches on both sides.

The car had a flat battery so i couldnt test drive it today as he didn't want me to stall it and be stuck. He did say he would put a new battery in tomorrow morning and let me take it out.

I checked the oil both on the stick and around the cap. No white gunk or water. On the stick it felt very very slightly gritty. Although that could just be me being picky.

The main thing that got me thinking was a slight ticking noise from the engine. It was started from cold and was running for about 5 - 10 mins. The noise was loud enough to hear when standing back from the car. I was told this is from the top end and is fairly normal for old Audis. He also said feel free to bring a mechanic down with me to check it out.

There didn't seem to be any smoke from the zorst on start up. Maybe a little puff of white fumes but nothing i would count as serious.

Is there anything else i should check? and how about that slight ticking noise?

My first idea was to watch some videos on youtube and see if i could hear the ticking noise. I saw this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCqS3...eature=related and thought to myself...well if thats how they sound i don't think i should worry. But then in the comments someone said...why does the engine sound like crap, which got me worried again.

Here are the photos of the car :http://www.flickr.com/photos/4674909...7623880575212/

The car will have a new 12 month MOT, but has no tax...what do you think it is worth?

Any help would be great.

Thanks for your time.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Its a nice looking car.

Plenty of advice for free on Classic Audi