help

• Thread starter imported_my_audi_is_brok
  • Start date
I

imported_my_audi_is_brok

dose any one know if i can put a 2.8 v6 5v engine out of a A8 in my 100 avant the 100 orangly had a 2.8 v6 24v engne in it but the cam belt snaped and i dont know if i can put a 5v in it. dose it need a new ecu or will it just not work

if and one know please reply as there is a A8 engine on ebay but it only has 2 days to go

thanks mike

It is difficult to say if you could just bolt it in. The problems would start if you had to have the car set up to run with that combination of engine and injection. If I were you I would rather go to a reconditioning centre and get the same type of motor. Or of course, get yours fixed.

i think getting mine fixed is a bit out of the question i think it will be cheaper to get a second hand engine with less miles because mine had done 177943 when it broke so it will be better to get a newer engine

I should add, I know that I look after my car, servicing done on time, not driving too fast, letting it warm up, etc.
I also know that most other people I see out there could not give flying ... about their cars, you see them from a cold start in the morning leaving stripes up the road.. I certainly would not want one of those engines in my car.

yeah i know what you mean but just as long as i get a new ish engine i should be all right

got a new engine with 91000 on it so that will be a bit better and hope fuly it will be fitted soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

yeah what gave it away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif