EM TuningChris Nott

Thread: help

imported_my_audi_is_brok

help

dose any one know if i can put a 2.8 v6 5v engine out of a A8 in my 100 avant the 100 orangly had a 2.8 v6 24v engne in it but the cam belt snaped and i dont know if i can put a 5v in it. dose it need a new ecu or will it just not work

if and one know please reply as there is a A8 engine on ebay but it only has 2 days to go

thanks mike

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status

Re: help

check if the injection/ecu comes with it.

imported_my_audi_is_brok

yeah i know it has a ecu

4th Gear

Status

It is difficult to say if you could just bolt it in. The problems would start if you had to have the car set up to run with that combination of engine and injection. If I were you I would rather go to a reconditioning centre and get the same type of motor. Or of course, get yours fixed.

imported_my_audi_is_brok

i think getting mine fixed is a bit out of the question i think it will be cheaper to get a second hand engine with less miles because mine had done 177943 when it broke so it will be better to get a newer engine

4th Gear

Status

or if you can get a reconditioned one, you should at least get a guarantee. If you buy second hand you don't really know what the condition of the engine is?

4th Gear

Status

I should add, I know that I look after my car, servicing done on time, not driving too fast, letting it warm up, etc.
    I also know that most other people I see out there could not give flying ... about their cars, you see them from a cold start in the morning leaving stripes up the road.. I certainly would not want one of those engines in my car.

imported_my_audi_is_brok

yeah i know what you mean but just as long as i get a new ish engine i should be all right

4th Gear

Status

Does the UK have decent remanufactured engines?

Just thought of something, don't Audi also sell recon units?

4th Gear

Status

yeah, you are probably correct on that one! :-)

imported_my_audi_is_brok

got a new engine with 91000 on it so that will be a bit better and hope fuly it will be fitted soon [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img]

imported_my_audi_is_brok

yeah just a bit

imported_my_audi_is_brok

yeah what gave it away [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

4th Gear

Status

not much, it was just this subtle feeling... a hint of projected happiness! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]