Audi Coupe /Avant caliper compatability

blued

Reaction score
Hi,

My brother has just bought a 1991 2.0 8V Audi Coupe. It needs the front calipers replacing due to the old ones seizing up and the previous owner wrecking the piston taking it out. A guy he works with is breaking a 1989 Audi 100 Avant 2.2

Will the front calipers on the Coupe be the same as the ones on the Avant? I know the rear ones are the same as the ones on my fathers Avant Turbo, which are also the same as the Golf GTI etc.

The calipers on the Coupe are at the back of the disc so are Girling? I'm unsure about the Avant.

Also is the windscreen in the Coupe the same as the 80? I'm guessing its different..

Try measuring both the sample and replacement ones. check that the disks will fit and check that the bolt holes are in the same place/have the same dimensions. My 1994 100 2.3 has the calipers on the front. not sure about a 89, that is the previous shape, but if I remember they are also on the front.

Speak to your local auto glass shop for info on the windscreen.

I've checked part numbers on GSF and if the Calipers are on the back of the disc they will be the same. Both types of calipers, ATE & Girling, are the same on these cars so as long as the Avant has the same brand (ie calipers located on the same side of disc) it should be a straight swap.