audi 90 icons

hcore

Reaction score
i have an audi 90 and in the cluster area where all the icons are that light up there is one that recently has been stayin on in my car.. It is the icon in the same area as the seatbelt and oil icon. It looks like 2 horizontal wazy lines and then 1 veritcal line going up threw the middle of it and the vertical lines has like little dashes coming out the sides. sorry if its hard to understand.. any help would be great.... thanks, john

hmmmn, that sounds like your coolant temp/level warning light. does the car have a seperate temp gauge? if so what is that reading? if that is fine then your car probably has either a faulty sensor for the warning light, some electrical fault in the wiring for that lamp, or the coolant level is too low. Either way get it checked soon.

yea i have a seperate temperture gauge and thats been reading fine... it never really goes past midway.. so i dont no whats going on..thanks for the help though

check your coolant level, if that is low, then that is your problem. If the coolant is fine then check the coolant level sender unit and the sensor for the coolant temperature. If those are both ok, then the problem is likely to be a bad connection on the printed circuit board for the instruments (or one of the wiring connectors plugging into that circuit board.)