Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    imported_Griffy

Audi 80 Engine mounts knackered?

Hi there, I'm looking at buying a J reg Audi 80. Its done 145k but been looked after but one thing is niggling at me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    When you put your foot down you can hear/feel some vibration. Maybe the engine mounts are worn? and the torque of the engine is making it touch the bulkhead or somewhere underneath? Gearbox mounts maybe? If you drive less aggresivley, the problem seems to disapear. I'm only really going on advice given by a mate, Just thought I'd ask for other opinions. Thanks in advance [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status

Re: Audi 80 Engine mounts knackered?

could be an exhaust mounting too? does it happen when you use the engine to brake the car?

imported_Griffy

Thanks for the reply. Any other idea's? I think I'll take a peek underneath, might replace the engine and gearbox mounts and see what happens, anyone know where I can get the parts, cheaper than the Audi main dealers?

imported_Twisty

Do you get the problem by when revving the engine in neutral?

Check my post about breaking an audi 80 mate [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

To tell the truth there is a trick of stiffining engine mounts by injecting some form of goop like no more nails, silicone sealent or urethane sealant and leaving it to settle/set for 48 hours.

imported_Griffy

Will try it in Neutral tomorrow with luck, I haven't bought it yet, the seller will hopefully be able to bring it into work for me to get up on the ramp and have a good look underneath. Already posted ref. your Audi 80 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

imported_Griffy

The problem isnt apparent when in Neutral, I have purchased some gearbox mounts from my local Audi dealer... Very friendly. I will be fitting them very soon, hope it works!