bad issue!!

vair_17

Reaction score
i bought an 85 audi 4000s but it has a gas leak under the distribution block ( not the right name for it i dont think) any ideas on how i would fix such a thing? could it be as easy as a high pressure hose?

thanks in advance
vair_17

p.s im trying to get the car inspected and smell of gas = no inspection:3sadwalk:

Some pictures of the suspect area will help, right now, all we can do is guess.

pictures to follow when the car is in my yard on monday and i start taking it apart ;)

i actually found the problem it is a high pressure fuel line going to a rubber union and then going to the injection system... so i think im going to replace most of the line with a 5/16 copper line..one of the other issues i had is as soon as i brought it home i unloaded it off my flat bed tow truck (yes i myself own a tow truck :w00t: ) and when it was on flat ground the brake pedal went to the floor i searched and came to the conclusion that it was a wheel cylinder so my project for the next few days is fixing the problems i have listed. i will give an update when i have finished and may be able to give advice to the next person :)