my urs4 problem!?

100s4

Reaction score
hey all a bit new to this but have had my 100 s4 for about 6 months now and has developed a couple of prolems! it now has a what can only be discribed as a missfire but its intermittent! i have changed plugs and the rubber down pipes off the coils as they were distroyed by heat over the years! it only missfires under load and occasionally when cold on idle does this mean a coil is on its way out!?!? if so anyone know anywhere i can get one or a set for less then 200 quid a coil that audi want!?!? could i upgrade the coils while in the process as i say a bit new to this so am just seeing if anyone can help me!?!? was trying to get a remap done at some point but have heard i might need a spring put in the waistgate first!?!? any truth in this!?!? is this going to help and why do i have to have spring put in it!? i proboly sound like a right dummer! lol cheers ian

It sounds remarkably like a problem I had many years ago.
There are many causes, but mine was the earth cable from the back of the injection manifold, it had snapped, but only parted under load. 30p for a new bit of wire and two cable clips to re-secure.

Its worth it for a quick look!
Best of luck,
GTDOG

cheers mate have checked this but unfortunatly not as simple as this wat a bummer but cheers anyway!