audi 80 driveshaft

gaz2509

Reaction score
hi ho0pe someone can urgently help me, my driveshaft has snapped on my drivers side on my h reg audi 80, i have got the bit out snapped in the hub but cant seem to get the rest out, should it just pull out? or is there a technique to getting it out, hard as there ent that much to grab hold off to pull anymore. hope someone can help me

If its the bit thats trapped into the hub then you need to remove the large bolt in the centre of the hub/wheel and then you should b able to drive it out complete with CV joint with a hammer and suitable drift (wood or soft metal such as copper or brass).
If its the inner portion of the drive shaft(attached to the gearbox) you need to unscrew the inner cv joint which is screwed to the gear box (5 or 6 screws can't remember) and then the whole inner drive shaft and inner cv joint should pull out

many thanks for that, it is the bit attached to the gearbox , so i need to now remove them bolts, is it some hex bolts or something by the looks of them? will need to have a look when it ent so dark and raining i guess