Lips

Bong Water

In two minds
Reaction score
Alloy wheel ones! :ermm:

Are stainless steel lips the ones that wont go nasty? I am just looking at some wheels for my car that I think I might go for and they have a fairly deep lip which is stainless steel, I wouldnt want them to go funky after a short while so was wondering if stainless is ok for our harsh roads?

Cheers

Are you sure they are stainless steel? Would be unusual. I think alloy wheels which have a polished lip are usually lacquered. The problem is this is not as durable as a painted finish as it is not possible to use a primer. The result is that any damage to the lacquer allows water/salt to get at the bare alloy. The resulting corrosion then spreads under the laquer.

A lot of BBS wheels have stainless steel lips, i think it makes them stronger and i imagine they are less likely to corode.

Defo stainless steal, they are team dynamics, I desperatley need a photo shop if there are any takers!? I am going to have a look at a set in the flesh today at a local wheel shop to see if I definitley want them or if I can spend the money on other things!

Apologies for doubting you, must be one of dem new fangled ideas I know nothing about! I would say a stainless lip would be good for keeping its looks and bad for weight. Could be nightmare if you ever need a refurb?

No worries, I went and I dont like them, it says Team Dynamics around the middle and look to after market, I am after OEM+ look really, they are nice but wouldnt suit my car and the look I am going for, going to be typical and get some reps, saw some today and was happy with the dark shadow chrome colour which will suit my car more and look more OEM obviously! Cheaper too and surprisingly light I though. Saving up for them now, car is knocking me for £400 tomorrow on a cambelt and some other bits :(

Of the Team Dynamics?

equinox.jpg