AUDI B4 2.0E problem

audi_ABK

Reaction score
Hello! It's my first post. Please excuse for my English, it's not my native language.
I have an audi 80 B4 2.0E 85 KW digifant injection.
I bought the car 7 month ago. I noticed from the begining the car performance is poor than expected.
Last week I opened the air box, i cleaned the air guide from the air flow meter. I also put some spray on the air sensor. After that I cleaned the big air hose from MAF to the throttle valve.
Then I have cleaned the throttle valves as much as I could because I could not get the throttle valve adapter out from the intake manifold.
I putt all the parts clean and then I started the engine. It started well from the first attempt but the iddle was not good. The engine was stalling at iddle speed. I have checked for vacum leaks but I found nothing.
Then I had an ideea. I started the engine again, keeping accelerating a little bit and my brother took out the socket from the idling stabilisation valve while the engine was running. Then I have noticed that the idling speed was ok.
I took the car for a ride to see if there is a difference. I was very dissapointed. The performance was very very poor, as the speed of 60 MPH was very difficult to achieve.
Today I took out the ISV (idling stabilisation valve ) and I put some cleaning solution inside it and I hope I will get a better idling speed. Somehow I think the problem is from the throttle valve adapter that I've cleaned but who knows if i am right.

Do you have any idea?
I made some pictures with all parts that I cleaned so if someone want to see them I can sent them by e-mail.
Once again, sorry for my poor English.

Is the car misfiring, or is it running smoothly but not making power? Have you checked the compression in the cylinders/Spark plugs/plug leads?
There can be a problem with the Relay for the ECU, it lives under the dashboard, above the drivers feet.
SSM10693.jpg
SSM10694.jpg

The soldered joints on the circuit board go bad, resoldering fixes it if this has happened. It may not be your problem, it usually causes misfiring at speed and cutting out at idle.

Thank you scotty33. I will try to take a look at the Relay for the ECU.
The car was generally running fine at iddle with small fluctuations some times. But after cleaning those parts I started to have iddle speed problems.
I would like to post some pictures but it says "You may not post attachments".

need to post more than 6 posts before you can post links/pictures on threads because of spam bots

It's difficult to find that a relay it's not working.
Tommorow I will recieve some relays (for ECU and for fuel-pump) from a friend of mine and I will try them to see the diference.

There is a panel under the dash that needs to be unscrewed, The relays are in the space near the bonnet release handle.

Problem solved. First of all I disconnected the "-" terminal battery. I have cleaned again the throttle valves with much more spray, I replaced the big air hose from MAF to the throttle valve because the old one had some very small holes (causing false air intake) and I replaced the MAF. Also I cleaned again the iddle stabilisation valve.
Then I started the engine and I was surprised: the engine was running very nice and the idle speed was great. I took the car for a ride and I have noticed that the performance was very good.
I will put some pictures later on.

image.php

image.php

I want ideas...

I have 1.6 engine code ADA. The engine is braked.
That engine is very poor in performances.
Now i want other engine with 4 cylinders and better in performances for B4 Avant.
I thougt in the following motors.. ABK, ABT, ADR...
what the best?? what of consumption of each??
There is others engines??
Help me, please..thanks in advance..

I think you must install an ABK i own one in my coupe but is expensive if you dont want to spend money, a 2.0E 85 kW (I am not very happy but in total is a good engine - sportive engine), or a 1.8E 82kw engine of audi B3, or 1.6 E !

I want ideas...

I have 1.6 engine code ADA. The engine is braked.
That engine is very poor in performances.
Now i want other engine with 4 cylinders and better in performances for B4 Avant.
I thougt in the following motors.. ABK, ABT, ADR...
what the best?? what of consumption of each??
There is others engines??
Help me, please..thanks in advance..

i think u shold see the blet of engine phase, i had a same problem in my ABK engine and it changed totally its work in minimal and in ride mode! see the oval belt pal, bye i think u will fix that!

i think u shold see the blet of engine phase, i had a same problem in my ABK engine and it changed totally its work in minimal and in ride mode! see the oval belt pal, bye i think u will fix that!