Badger5JMB Retrofits
    Reverse Gear

Status

NUTS! - The right nuts?

Quick question. Just put a set of speedline? original fitment multispoke alloys on to the AUdi 80. But I am told not using the right bolts for them? The fit into the cup alright. I'm told the car is roadworthy as it is, but I want to get this right. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Pete

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    The nuts for the wolfrace alloys on my 80 are different than the nuts used to hold the full size spare wheel in place. The nuts for the alloys have a curved section btween the head and the threaded body so that the load of the bolt is spread over a larger area of the relatively soft alloy. For the spare steel wheel the bolts are flat and the laod is over a smaller area but the steel is stronger and can take the force
    Enda1

96 S6 2.3T
    99 A6 1.8T SE
    93 80 2.0 (gone)
    93 Kawasaki ZZR600

Reverse Gear

Status
    Well the wolf race wheels that were on there originally had a flat face, but the nuts that came with the car are cuped to go in recesses. The speedline alloys have these cuped recesses and the nuts seems to fit into these cups pretty well. But they said they could do with being a bit longer.

I got hold of some other nuts (only 15 though) that the person I bought the alloys off was using with the wheels but these seem shorter??

1st Gear

Status
    Hi

Are these OE Audi spec speedlines? If so, the correct bolt is 8DO 601 139 D, Thread is M14 x 1.5mm pitch and the underside of the head is a spherical seat. Length is given as 27mm, not sure if that includes the head as well?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cheers for the that, I will have a look on my next day off. Perhaps get a pic up of the bolt and take some measurements.