90s wont start

sip8137

Reaction score
hi i have a 1993 audi 90s v6 and it just wont start have taken it to several mechanics and they suggest that i change the ignition module well i have done that and still nothing then they suggested that i change the coils so i did still nothing then they said it might be the crank sensor but when i went to purchase the crank sensor i was told that the vehicle did not come with crank sensor does any body know what else i can try. the car acts like it has no gas however it does the fuel pump is working besides the car will turn on every once in a while but as soon as you turn it off thats it wont turn on again.

Have you checked that the even though pump is operating it is actually pumping fuel.

yes i have i checked the fuel pump and it is working fine any other suggestions

i don't knoe if you have tried this but disconnent one of the spark plug leads and put a speare plug inot it. then hole the electrode against the the engine block. Get someone to try to turn the ignition over and check to see if you have a spark. if no spark then you might have the problem there. Can you post up the engine code and i'll see what else i can dig up

yes i did try that and there was no spark so i changed the coil and still nothing still no spark also how do i find the engine code

The engine code should be on a sticker on in the spare wheel wheel. if not then it should be stamped on the block.
Has the car got an immobiliser. This could be preventing the spark. You need to check back further in the circuit to check the rest of the components on the electrical system