80 sport co2 emissions to high

Zappa

Reaction score
anyone help my 1994 80 2.0sport 8v the exhaust emissions are to high ,have replaced the air flow meter and used cataclean but no luck anyone have any suggestions please

cheers, any idea where i can find it? have looked around the exhaust manifold but cant see it. also is it easy to replace?

cheers mate still havent replaced it yet as my fuel pump went,hopefully everything will be sorted by the weekend

cheers rev that was the problem along with a couple of other small issues

hay zappa i got an 8v sport have you ever had low oil prressure problems? or anyone for that matter? and how or what do you change?

audi80sport said:
hay zappa i got an 8v sport have you ever had low oil prressure problems? or anyone for that matter? and how or what do you change?

Low pressure as in the warning lights coming on or actual low measured oil pressure, does your car have a pressure guage or just the warning lights

sorry for late reply it has the [SIZE=-1]gauge[/SIZE] and a warning light...story is when i start it up the usual 1-2 seconds of tappets going nuts then the oil gets to the top and all is smooth...the oil pressure by the [SIZE=-1]gauge is nearly 5 bar but strange thing is as the car warms up the oil pressure goes down accordingly? the oil temp sits at about 1/3 but when the [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]gauge hits zero thats when the oil pressure warning light kicks in as you would expect but the oil pipe coming round and up to the sender unit still feels pressurised? is the sender buggering up or is there actually a problem with the pressure when warm? im stumped...
[/SIZE]

As the oil heats up it becomes less viscous and flows easier so you would expect the pressure to fall a bit.
My car doesn't have the gauge just the warning light but it has 2 oil pressure switches, the low pressure and the high pressure. i had a problem where the oil pressure light and buzzer would come on and I checked both senders and they both seemed to be fine. i replaced the high but no change, so eventually i bought a manual oil pressure gauge that connects into where the senders are screwed in. Ran the engine and the oil pressures are all with in spec so it most be a problem with the gauges. in the short term i disconnected the buzzer and light and now I check the oil pressure manually everytime i change the oil