Newbie audi 80 cabrio, roof problems, noises

kghowe

noggin
Reaction score
:think: Newbie so be gentle with me please.

Said cabrio is 1996 vintage, excellent condition but has developed two faults recently.

Firstly the roof. Realease roof on T handle, push button, screen folds up OK, tonneau cover realeases, raises by 2" then drops down slowly with no further action? Any body got any ideas. Oil level seems low in res but I can't see a way to top up. Audi garage have already had it for 3 weeks and seem to have lost interest after replacing boot latch switch (which was working fine???!!). Luckily they won't be charging me by the hour/day/week (long story £103.00/hr eek!).

Yesterday strange clonk clonk sound from around gear selector accompanied by relay sound under dash that strangly disappears when you touch the brake pedal. Engine off. Not a clue whats causing this.

Look forward to any suggestions.
KGH

Update.

Guess what? Looms.............. Audi Five Oaks did the diagnostice and repair for a ton, not too bad I guess.

Still got the noises if anyone has an idea whats causing them.

KGH

I assume the car is an automatic if so the clonking from the gear selector could be the transmission lock solenoid trying to engage repeatedly and the this could explain the relay fring as well. Once you step on the brake pedal this disables the transmission lock and hence the noise stops