A6 2.5 TDi 140 comments?

JayB5UK

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm a regular on the A4 section, but due to having bought a Saloon with fixed seats! I am looking at getting a diesel estate and have been taken by the A6 Avants as above.
Have seen a Quattro on a P plate, fully specced out and has done 140k.
Seem to be a lot of car, and obviously have held their money still as they all seem to be £3k plus.
Are there any particular bad points on these to watch out for?
Have to sell mine first really, but may ring as see if an exchange is possible. It's just that I don't like to buy a car without knowing about them. Had a BMW 5 series 5 yrs ago and didn't know it was almost a certainty for the 12V heads to crack - and guess what happened to it?!
Any help mucho appreciated in advance.

Good cars Jay if you ask KKK26 he has one will give you his impression

my brother used to have a 1997 (p reg) a6, 2.5 tdi, 5 cyl. was rapid for such a big car and a tdi. loved driving the thing, haha was so much fun. that had about 147k on it, was a saloon tho... really nice car for its age and milage...

Cant fault the one i have great car!. Has a unknown chip but still put out 160bhp on the rollers with 250lb/ft and its done 260K. Thought i had a problem with the MAF but i found a 2" split in the boost hose:)

MAF is about £300 for the 5 cyl so not cheap.

Havent had and other problems with the car.

Its a P reg 2.5TDI 5cyl Quattro i have now with leather.
Craig

Christ, what mpg does it gove you day to day and on a run?
Have seen a fully specced P reg, Quattro Avant, fully loaded. Was on for £3500 last week, dunno if it's still there, need to sell mine really first.

Depends on the way you drive it.
600mile round trip i seen 44mpg just last week. Everyday i see around the 32-36mpg. I have seen it read 28 but that was kicking the **** off it. All depends on the way you drive. The best i have seen was over a 100miles 48mpg but that was sitting at the speed limits and light throttle.

On average i get 600-650miles to a full tank. Cant be bad! Tank is smaller on the Avant quattro

Great for towing and putting things in the back

Hope this helps.

NIce one, yeah it does. Need to test drive one, but there are never any round my way. Sounds like decent mpg for the size of car & performance.
Mine is on Autotrader now, so fingers crossed.

I saw this and like it. Unfortunately I have to sell mine first before I am actually in the market.
Looks nice in black, like the wheels, the low mileage - most seem up around 160k to 200k! and the fact you have done all that work recently!
If I had the cash I would come for a look at it. Unless you fancy a deal on an A4?!
Poor thing has sat there for nearly 2 weeks now I have my bike out every day.
Stay in touch, if it don't sell and I have a result soon we may cross paths.

Three things spring to mind on a car of that age
Cv gaiters and wheel bearings, ABS ECU but you might be o.k on this one depending on which chassis C5?
Cam belt change.

Hope this helps

max