Dying coupe

pyrotrev

firework man
Reaction score
Over the last week or so my much loved Coupe Quattro (2.8 V6) has been losing power - OK when pootling along the level but try to accelerate hard or go up a hill and it just faded. Tonight I couldn't get up the hill to home and had to bale out. From the sound of it it seems that some of the cylinders aren't firing when you need some proper power, and the white plugs on the near side pots would seem to confirm this. Has anyone had any experience of this before please?

Sounds like coils are gone...check to make sure the plugs are in tight as well!.....has it been serviced lately?

Thanks for your input. It was serviced just a couple of months back (though not by an Audi dealer - the only one near me has shown themselves to be somewhat untrustworthy). There seems to be a good spark on all plugs, and we did put them back in tightly. I'm wondering whther it could be something with the fuel injection ssystem perhaps?

Have you access to VAG.com it can take fault codes off the ECU save you wasting money on parts that are not needed.still think coil packs are fault when under load ..had a 2.8 myself and had to replace them with similiar fault ..If not that could be the MAF is needing cleaned or replaced

Thanks for that Scotty - the 12v.org site is really useful! I'll have a try with the test light and report back.