New Audi A1

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
In this weeks Auto Express, which has just dropped onto the door mat, are details of Audi's new A1. This is a 3 door supermini to rival the BMW Mini and it will be built at Audi's Brussels plant. According the the report it's set to go on sale within the next two years.

Those picture look like the TT shooting brake concept. Would have to be smaller and cheaper by about £10-15k

Looks great but I suspect price would have to be too close to A3 and that the production model as usual would be so watered down it wouldn't look so good.

Remember the pics of the new Mondeo in the motoring press 2 yrs ago, looked great, codenamed it Isis or similar - production version is nothing like it.

None of those pictures are from the Auto Express issue. From what I've heard Audi have dropped the idea of a shooting brake TT variant and have instead gone for a replacement for the A2.

Edit: "heard" meaning, "what I've managed to gleam from the Auto Express issue and a bit of googling. No insider info claims here! :)