Power Boost Valve - Audi 80 Sport 16v

6UiLE

Reaction score
Website
member.wayn.com
Hi all,

does anybody know if it is possible to fit a power boost valve to the Audi 80 Sport 16v 1991 B3 model.

the reason i ask is i'm mildly tuning my car and have so far only fitted a green performance panel air filter and i'm in the process of purchaing a performance cat-back exhaust. So thats the air intake and exit sorted and the next logical step seamed to be fuel intake.

i've searched the power boost valve website but it would suggest that because my model is mechanical injection it is not possible to fit a power boost valve.

Any ideas anybody? and if it turns out i can't fit one what would be the next tuning step?

I don't know if you could use a power boost valve, i guess the next step would be a chip (which they say can only affect timing on a mechanical inj car) Also consider port/polish job on the head and cams. If budget is tight, the Golf gti 16v - 1.8 KR engine has bigger inlet ports but slightly smaller exhaust ports - overall it is considered better than the 2.0 head in standard form. The KR also has the wildest profile cams of all the 16v's.
If you want to modify a head, I read that the 2.0 is better, as there is more 'meat' there to play with.