A6 OIL PUMP...PLEASE help!!!

moesplace

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wanted to change the cambelt on my A6 2.5 TDi 5 cylinder so I started the big strip down, lights, bumper, grill, radiator....anyway cut long story short..my oil pump has a crack in it which leaks oil, Audi want £175 + vat, anyone know of a cheaper supplier or a second hand one going any where (already looking Ebay)?

Even when I get one, the lower cross member and sump then need to come off, I need a second garage to keep all my Audi bits in!!!!!!!

Greatfull for any help!

Andy 07762548296

Andy go to www.vagparts.co.uk (call them)a guy martin is very good there and say you were recommended by this site/S2forum and you should get a good price

That is the only place i can think of new other than that i would try overton scrapyard in Aberdeen..they deliver and strip all bits off for you

Good Luck

If i'm not mistaken Audi supplied this 5 cylinder diesel to volvo and still do. If you need to go to the scrapyards this might give you a bigger selection of newer parts to choose from

Wow, thanks guys,

I rang VAGParts today, gave me a price of £140 + vat, then I told him who had recomended him and the price dropped to £129 + vat, Bargain!!!!

his computer recomended that I would need a new oil sender unit to go with the new pump, I thought that the sender unit was in the side of the block, much higher up than the pump and nothing to do with it really....any thoughts?

While I'm on...havn't had the A6 long but the computer is reading 34 mpg average, and only got upto 37 mpg on a motorway run, I thought it would be a bit better than that?

Thanks again for all your help guys, great site, I'll be on here more often!

If he recommended you replaced the sender unit i would do it as he is a clued up fella when it comes to audi's