Oil Leaks

mikemyres

Reaction score
One of my oil leaks I think is my rocker cover gasket has gone, due to the fact there is sometimes little puddles of oil on top of the cylinders on my 4cylinder AAD engine, am I right?

The other oil leaks drips down from somewhere onto my downpipe near the engine.

IT appears to be coming from the front CV joint on the right side, there is like a metal heat reflector plate just above the engine, it's coming from around there, what would this be?

Mike.
Can you explain "puddles on top of the cylinders" a bit better. Is this with the rocker cover in place?

HPIM0018.jpg

My camera isn't good but you can see theres abit of oil atm, i wipe this away now and again

From the location of the leaks i'd say that you rocker cover gasket is leaking or you can check that the pipe at the top of the picture with the 2 jubilee clips is not split as this looks like its part of the crankcase breather system and you may be losing some oil from that.
Can you post a picture of the other leak by the CV joint so we can give a better opinion?

Ok cheers i'll chekc the pipe tommorow.

At the moment, no oil is leaking onto the downpipes form the cv joint cover area, when some is there its really thick oil, not smooth like normal.

But I'll take a picture tommorow when it's light