PLEASE HELP NO START

Corne

Reaction score
Hi I went to town today, when I came out of the shop and tried to start my car she didn't want to start. The starter turns but that is it. the motor won't run. I had to tow her!!:motz: to the auto electritian:bye: . They say they don't know what is wrong. Can someone help please. I have a 2.8 V6

Thanks
Corne:hi:

Process of elimanation time then

Strange how it just happened like that no warning?.....Immobiliser maybe not going off would be the first thing i would look at

Check for Spark of the coils which i am sure they have done ...are they sparking?

Fuel problem maybe ...but i doubt this

Need more info on problem ...........does it try to start or is it totally dead

Did they check cambelt has not snapped?........worst senario!!

does the ebgine spin over at all? if so does it sound quicker then normal??
coolant temp go faulty and flood the engine..so what happens is you go for a trip..car gets warm...you stop in the shop...when you come back to the car it won't start..they had a prob with injectors and thermostate to but I would get him to check coolant temp sender.
If he has got diag equipment it will show a fault sometimes or he will have togo into measure blocks and check engine temp signal.

I'm hoping he has checked all the simple things first cambelt?? Battery?? Spark?? you got fuel in it??
good luck

Hi thanks for the help. The engine turn over normal. Cambelt is still in place.
no spark though. The auto electritian showed me the problem, It is a round metal thing with 3 electrical wires. One of them were snapped off. I think it is the cam sensor. I didn't get my car back yet maby there is another problem also I hope not. I have enough troubles to cope with, I can't handle more.
Thanks for all your help guys.
Corne