Oil Tempreature Gauge

Newson

Reaction score
My oil tempreature gauge (positioned with the oil pressure and the voltage gauge) has stopped working. It occasionly works again for a while. It does not light up either whne the lights are on. Any ideas?>

I just bought my first Audi (a Coupe 2.0E) and it has this same problem. The Oil Temp gauge just does not seem to work.

Any ideas would be welcome :)

Keith.

My gauge does work, but the needle barely comes up off the stop. I think Audi just got the range wrong, you would not want your oil to be 140ish degrees C (mid range) at that temp you could cook chips in it!

this happened to mine and it was the oil pressure sender. it is a cylinder shape about 1" wide x 2" long and has 2 spade connectors on the top of it. as for not lighting up that will just be knackered bulbs looks like that lol

jevrem said:
Can someone tell me where is locate the sender unit for oil temperature gauge in S4 1992 2.2 turbo 20v?

Very likely the water temp will be around the inlet manifold somewhere and the oil temp sender will be down near the oil pump on the front of the engine.

I suspect it is similar to the 2.3 5pot