2.0 16v coupe oil warning light

andy64

Reaction score
I've been having a bit of an issue with my car recently. When I've been driving for long periods and the engine is up to temperature I find that when stopping in traffic the oil pressure will drop right down to almost zero and the oil warning light will flash intermitently. The water temperature tends to run a little bit on the warm side in traffic, between 90 and about 95 but nothing too excesive and I don't know what the oil temperature is like since my guage doesn't work. Both the oil level and the coolent level are within the limits.

Does anyone have any ideas? Should I be worried about this?

thanks Andy

first i would change the oil in the engine to maybe thicker 10 50 (has it got high miles?).......worst senario the oil pump is knacked of course make sure all the senders are working properly 90-95 is ok would not worry to much about that

Milage is just under 90,000 at the moment and it's on 10w40 at the minute, i've got a replacement oil temp sender on order so i'll be able to check what the oil temp is doing. changing up to a thicker oil sounds like a good idea i'll try that