Brakes for 1994 S6 C4 Avant

luvyamuff

Reaction score
Hi - does anyone have any advice on what brakes would fit my 94 S6 as an upgrade? I believe they are 269x20 as standard, but have seen several other diameters available on the internet, plus RS2 kits and the like.

I really don't know what would fit, but have to change mine anyway and would rather upgrade than fitting standard whilst I have the opportunity. Any advice on what I could do and what kind of modification work it would mean would be appreciated.

Cheers

Are you after front or rears, coz 269 x 20 appears to be the rear size. Fronts should be 314 x 30 or possibly 310 x 25
which is an oddball setup with the caliper mounted inside the disc.

Have you got the UFO Brake system on your model?

Porsche 966 Mono block is the best option a bit costly but worth it would say..have to get brackets made up for attaching calipers ............www.S2forum.com is the place to see all the ins and outs off it and cost ...........

Cheers

You're absolutely right - my fault for looking at German ebay and not understanding a word. Mine are the 314x30 - so what could I put on instead of them?

No - not the UFOs, the later ones. Re the Porsche ones - I keep seeing secondhand RS2 kits. Would they go on without much hassle?

I think the rs2 caliper mounting bracket holes are 95mm approx centres, as they use these as an upgrade on s2's.
I think yours may have 148mm centres, like the a8 calipers (which I have). Like rev head said, you could use porsche calipers, but would need custom brackets to mount them.
There are a number of different porsche calipers used, from 928s (rs2 spec I think) to 993 and 996 and boxster's'.
You might consider Seat leon cupra R calipers which are still brembo's but maybe a little smaller? And there are Willwood brakes in the states.
Cheapest and easiest option is to get some S4/S6/allroad/A8 calipers off E bay and use the A8 323mm discs that go with them. As its basically same caliper as yours, the upgrade is only in the disc size.