help on A6 fuse box

ricky80

Reaction score
hi every one i have just bought a audi A6 v6 on a 1996 only to find the cigarette lighters dont work (small problem i know) but trying to find out what fuse dose what the fuse box list is not there can any one tell me what number fuse runs the cigarette lighters and what the amps should be as i think the last owner had small children and may of taken it out and the hand book is no hlep at all. thanks

Thanks for your help, I have now found out that is not the fuse.

If you have any ideas why the cigarette lighters don't work please could you let me know..

The interior lights do work.
Cheers

Would check and see if someone has not stolen the wire from the fag lighter to power something else like cd player so on..... if you take the fuse out and see if anything else stops working,, if not that ................not sure but is there a relay for this?...will check and get back to you

Cheers

There are two fag lighters in the A6, the second in the middle console pointing back towards the rear passengers (if fitted in the UK?). These both run off the same supply wire. According to the wiring diagram I have there is no relay, they are supplied directly off supply point 30 (battery).

hi, new to the forum, first post, please be gentle with me! Some fleet/company cars simply have the wiring dis connected from the cig lighter to stop people using them, is also the case with rear cig lighters to stop little hands from fiddling with them!

You can disconnect the wiring to the back cig lighter ........ scriv

thanks for your help i will have to have a look but the cig lighters do look new so good point as i know it was a company car when new speak to you all soon