will my 1990 audi coupe have a transponder key chip inside?

jamesey

Reaction score
hi ive been given an old 1990 audi coupe quattro its a 2 door with the 2.3 5 cylinder engine , nice motor but the person who has given it me says he cant find the ignition key whats the best thing to do , i cant try and start it without this? any help would be great thanks,,,,,the pic is my car. how much are they worth with 12m test?

Last edited:
Lucky !! 8-1200 with Mot , dont think they have immo chip in them, is there a key number in the handbook/paperwork

no paperwork that i saw when i viewed it , since then ive found out theres no chip key involved , ive gone and bought a full lockset from a audi 80 estate that should fit , ill be fitting it sunday and seeing if it starts ,
do you have any pointers for starting it , its been stood since october 2013 , im eager to get it home to me lol

it will probably start, some fresh fuel may help. just remove cowl from steering column and drill through under barrel , might want to check a haynes manual for exact location to drill.

sorted all easy really , started with a couple of cranks and then drove me 15 miles home , 1 red hot wheel when i got home , but the 5 pot sound is to die for lol , im thinking of keeping it a doing it up for the mot , is this the best site for questions on he 80 coupe?