Coupe Haynes Manuals

maxjpeters

Reaction score
Im looking for some Haynes manuals for my 1995 Coupe 2.0 16v, but have found out that they never did any for this model /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
i know they did them for the pre-face lift model and was wondering if there is any point getting those. How much is gona be different, is it simply just gona be the out side and inside trim and the part numbers, or is it totally different?

I could really do with a Haynes workshop manual, as i dont really know alot about the technical stuff, but im fine if i have something to guide me through the process a lil.

If any one knows of any other manuals that would be great, i have looked in vain.

Great website by the way, very usefull.

thanks

I would say the haynes manual will get you through most jobs on your b4 16v. cosmetically they are different to the earlier type 89 cars, but they still screw together the same way (for most things).
If part no.s are different, it would not say in haynes anyway.
The 16v engine is not covered at all, but the bottom end is similar to the 8v, and the head is similar to the 20v (minus a
combustion chamber obviously!).
The KE motronic inj system is not covered, but the 8v has a motronic system which will be similar in many ways.
I don't know where you would get it, but the americans have manuals by Robert Bentley, I'm guessing there is one for b4 models, but not sure the 16v made it over there? They do say that the Bentley manual makes haynes look like a comic,
may only be available on cd rom?

I realise that this reply is a bit late, but it may come in handy to someone... I've only just entered the world of VAG with a '94 16v Coupe and hence this is my first post on this forum!

Anyhoo...
The ACE 16v 2.0L engine is covered in Haynes manual 3504 for the 100 and A6 cars. It's covered all the problems that I've had so far but it seems (?) get a little vague in places due to covering so many different engines in one book... worth a look though!