ISV

Having found the ISV i've just decided to clean it with carb cleaner and while i was at it i gave the inside of the throttle body a blast as well.When finished i lubed the valve with oil and reassembled it all back together including the air intake pipes and hoses.
Now the car won't turn over and even when it did manage to start it coughed and spluttered like it was misfiring,what the heck have i done!

I would double check what you have done just to make sure you havent forgot to attach something...vacuum hoses so on.....

Link that shows what you should of done when stripping and guides for other problem related to it ........hope this helps
http://www.20v.org/engprob.htm

Cheers
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

.Steve

also watch out putting too much oil into the ISV / careful using the wrong grade of oil, the internals are quite sensitive. check that all the wiring plugs are connected, and as Rev-head mentions, check that all the vacuum hoses are back in place and nice and tight...

hey! whats the best way to fix your ISV? first clean it out again,then when your swinging it around to centrifugally disperse the carb cleaner, let go of it and crack it hard on the kerbside.It then breaks the shell but works a treat.Honestly! it now runs very well,but i still went to a breakers yard a bought another for tenner,can't be bad!