Usual hunting

robonmac

Reaction score
I know it's a fairly common topic but seeing as i'm new to this forum(but not Audi's) can anyone tell me what is the most common cause of hunting(between 900-1100Revs) on a coupe 2.0 16v 1993,and also how to buy a very cheap exhaust(middle and rear)for the same.
I say cheap 'cos i'm running this car on a shoestring,well i might as well have an Audi on the cheap as opposed to say a ford?

The idle hunting problem is probably from the Idle Stabiliser Valve (ISV). You can try clean it with carb cleaner which may work for a while, but will ultimately need to be replaced.

Exhausts... I could give you numbers for repair shops in South Africa if you like... :)

Thanks for the exhaust tip,their prices really are very good indeed.
My only note of concern was the omission of a coupe 16v variant,they have 2.0i with cats and 2.0e 's but no 16valvers.
Now then, can i put a coupe 2.0i cat exhaust(obviously 8v) on a 2.0 16v, they state that this exhaust has a bore of 50.5mm.If you look at the 80 saloon/estate version (as in your link) with the 2.0i 16v cat exhaust it claims that it has a bore of 55.5mm,now if that is the case then an exhaust for the coupe 2.2/2.3 with a cat has a bore of 55.5mm then surely it will fit a 1993 coupe 2.0i 16v because the measurements are the same(length of pipe round axles and the like) AARRGGHH!!!!
I'm going mad someone put me out of my misery.

Yeh,i've had a rough quote for £319,but as mentioned before i'm skint so until i can afford one i need to get a cheapo steel one to keep me on the road.

I'd say your logic is sound - re the 2.3 exhaust, but I would expect there to be a difference at the front end. i.e the downpipes might finish in a different place so you might need to shorten /extend a pipe, to get it to fit your 16v. I heard of someone who asked their main dealer for the price. It was stupidly expensive, so the guy says 'you will never get anyone to pay that for it, these cars are all 12+ years old' , the dealer gave him a much better price to get the stock shifted.

Good point Scotty........i did the same for my car at the dealers and got them to match VAG.com