EM TuningChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

V6 Torque??? (and centre silencer removal)

Hi,

I've recently bought a 95 Audi 80 2.6 V6 (a great find with only 60k and full service history) which is a fantastic car to drive.

I know that this engine is listed as having 150bhp but cannot find a figure for the torque produced at all.

Can anybody tell me how much torque this engine produces?

Also has anybody removed the 2 centre exhaust silencers and replaced them with a straight through pipe, if so what effects did you notice?

Thanks.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

atc
    1st Gear

Status

Re: V6 Torque??? (and centre silencer removal)

Hi, I've got one of those. The power figures are usually in the hand book. As for the centre silencers, if you mean the 2 at the front under the gear box they are the cat's. Audi in there infinate wisdom fitted 2 (twice the expence). They can't be removed or you'll fail the MOT. My plan was to get hold of 2 dead ones and smash the guts out that way at least they look the part and as long as the emmissions are ok you'll pass. I have resorted to just puting my foot down at the moment though.

Reverse Gear

Status

Thanks, I can't find the torque figures anywhere.

I was actually talking about the 2 silencers fitted either side just before the rear wheels. Thanks for your help tho

atc
    1st Gear

Status

I have been thinking about this one, it's a good idea. The V6 could do with speaking up a bit if nothing else. If you go to www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk they do a large selection of pipes of varying shapes and diameters for reasonable money so you could give it a go. I have also noticed on e-bay that there are induction kits available for the 2.6 V6 that would help a bit. I'm going to get a K&N panel filter for mine, its the same as the ones fitted to MK 2 K-Jet injection Golf GTI's so not too dear. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

atc
    1st Gear

Status

I have just found this totaly by accident(ish). Don't know how acurate the figures are though. http://www.audiforum.nl/Models/article.php?model=80_B4

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have been thinking about this one, it's a good idea. The V6 could do with speaking up a bit if nothing else. If you go to www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk they do a large selection of pipes of varying shapes and diameters for reasonable money so you could give it a go. I have also noticed on e-bay that there are induction kits available for the 2.6 V6 that would help a bit. I'm going to get a K&N panel filter for mine, its the same as the ones fitted to MK 2 K-Jet injection Golf GTI's so not too dear. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would be interested to hear from someone who's done this, i want a bit more of a note from my 2.4 but don't want to go for an ss system i had one on my last motor but it was too intrusive on the motorway. You do risk the chance of ruining a perfectly good exhaust system if it doesn't work out.

1st Gear

Status

Has anyone got any info pros/cons etc of doing this to your exhaust system? As i am considering having the two boxes removed from the centre section of my 2.4 B5. Any info please.
    Cheers, Rob.

Reverse Gear

Status

Thanks for that link, cleared that up for me. Still not sure about the exhaust, might just go ahead and cut out the 2 centre boxes, if I do i'll let you know how it goes.

Reverse Gear

Status

Hi mate,
    I have an audi coupe V6 model. i didnt remove the boxes, but i got a powerflow exhaust system. in this i removed the cat and put in a free flow middle silencer and a sports back box. this has made it sound awsume a nice tone not too loud. i think if you remove the back silencer it will sound too noisey. i found i got a performance gain from this.