A6 door hinge replacement

millstream

Reaction score
My dvr's lower door hinge is worn an Adi that I have to replace whole hinge unit costing £70 + respray,vat etc. it's a 1996 model. Can I just replace the pin? Any links?

when you say 'worn' how do you mean ?

If the door is sagging a little - A quick fix I have used on the A4 is to undo the lower bolts holding the lower hinge to the body and slip a washer in between the hinge and the body. Problem solved.

If the set up is the same as an 80, you don't even need to change the pin. If you
remove one of the rear facing bolts from a hinge, there may be a 12mm hex hole, through an 'insert' in the hinge. These
insert are threaded, so you can use them to alter the position of the hinge(s). You need to slacken the side facing bolts as well to allow movement and support the door. That's if it has the 80 style hinges

Thanks guys. But the problem is the main pin on the hinge is worn so that you can lift the door up & down by at least 2 mm causing the locking system to work harder. I just thought you could get replacement pins specifically to cover my model