AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

A6 door hinge replacement

My dvr's lower door hinge is worn an Adi that I have to replace whole hinge unit costing Ł70 + respray,vat etc. it's a 1996 model. Can I just replace the pin? Any links?

2. # ADS
    ADS

mas
    1st Gear

Status

Re: A6 door hinge replacement

when you say 'worn' how do you mean ?

If the door is sagging a little - A quick fix I have used on the A4 is to undo the lower bolts holding the lower hinge to the body and slip a washer in between the hinge and the body. Problem solved.

1st Gear

Status

If the set up is the same as an 80, you don't even need to change the pin. If you
    remove one of the rear facing bolts from a hinge, there may be a 12mm hex hole, through an 'insert' in the hinge. These
    insert are threaded, so you can use them to alter the position of the hinge(s). You need to slacken the side facing bolts as well to allow movement and support the door. That's if it has the 80 style hinges

Reverse Gear

Status

Thanks guys. But the problem is the main pin on the hinge is worn so that you can lift the door up & down by at least 2 mm causing the locking system to work harder. I just thought you could get replacement pins specifically to cover my model

1st Gear

Status

You may be able to get new pins, but the moving part of the hinge will also have some wear in it. If you can adjust the hinge(s), you should be able to restore the lock alignment. If it is the slack in the hinge that is getting to you, then you may need another hinge. A better explanation here: http://www.audifans.net/modules.php?name...ight=door+hinge