audi 2.8 overheating

• Thread starter imported_my_audi_is_brok
  • Start date
I

imported_my_audi_is_brok

hi all just dont a rebuild on my 2.8 12v 100 and it is over heating which is why it had the rebuild in the first place. it has had a new thermstat fitted but it still over heats and the bottm hose is not getting hot either is it possable it need a new water pump as well or not ? or could it be some thin eles the other prob is i have had a go at bleeding the system and for some reson i keep getting air out of the system so can any one think of a rson for that ?

please help

cheers mike

f... me you having some time getting this engine sorted ah!!!!.....

Have you flushed engine after rebuild?

If you happy that it would not be blocked water ways i would go for water pump.....to get you by see if you take out thermostat and run then and see if that makes a difference ,..Maybe need to check sensors?

Steve

hi i am going to try it today without the thermstat in it and no the rad isnt blocked as i flushed it again yesterday

mike

ps if i need to can i flush the engine while it is rebuilt or dose it need to be taken apart again because i dont want to take it apart again

Dont need to strip down engine ...just put engine flush through system and run it tll at running temp and drain .and see if that works ..was thinking of air locks in the system but unlikely?