got a prob with my 100

• Thread starter imported_my_audi_is_brok
  • Start date
I

imported_my_audi_is_brok

hi all i have just dont a rebuild on my audi 100 2.8 the problem is one i have got all the vaccum pipes on wrong (if some one has a dirgam or can show me some pics of how it is ment to go please) and two when i first put the cam belt on it ran like crap ( as i had the heads skimmed and they took the pullys off and messed up my timing marks) the reson it ran like crap was because the cam shaft was half a turn out ( that has no ben sorted) the problem now it when i start the car it runs fine for about a minuite the it starts to miss fire then it has a lot of white smoke comming out the exhaust ( i think steam or unburn fule ) then it cuts out and if you try again it starts fine and the same thing happens again

so if some one could please help me with them to probs i would be very greatful

chers mike

yeah that is the one and that is a lot cleaner than mine lol

Cleaned that car all the time and the engine bay to ,Have you taken the plugs out to see what is fouling the plugs?

See when you started the car with the timing out did you turn over the engine by hand first to make sure that the valves were not touching?

Unburnt fuel sounds the problem,have you gut the right firing order on the cylinders from the coils?,make sure that the coil packs are spotless as if they get dirty or scratched they can make the coils miss

hi
i have had the plugs out and they look like the car is running very rich as after about 5 mins running they are almost black and when i put them in they were clean. and the timing when i put the belt on i turned over the engine with a big rachet just to check noting touched and all was fine. and the coils i know i have put them on in the right order as i copyed it from my other engine in my avant ( and if i put the ht leads on in the wrong order would it not miss fire from when i first start it ? ) and from what i can see the coils look fine. the thing that confuses me it it start on the key stright away dose not even turn over once really like my avant dose and then it just starts to drop cylinders till it just dies. no is it some thing i have done wrong on the rebuild like is the timing still a bit out ? or could it be the vaccum hoses are on in the wrong order ( some arent even on at all as they have split and i need new ones )

if you could please help

cheers mike

ps cheers for you help so far
mike

hi no i anit had chance yet. but i think i may be lucky i have been looking at some other fourms ( i know i know a banaball offence lol) and form what i have seen a person has had the exect same prob and it wis the vaccum hoses on in the wrong order. so if some one has a vaccum hose dirgarm just so i get it right this time lol. if some one has got one of thease i would be very greatful if they could email it me

cheers mike

slightly of thread, but got audi tt at moment, got it brand new so had to sell my audi 100, must admit im gutted as loved my 100 and if it wasnt for the speed would have stuck with 100, fantastic car.