Audi 80 coupe 16V - despair at exhaust prices

Ddraig

Reaction score
I've noticed a rattle coming from the exhaust system and as I can't track it down, decided to shell out for a new system inc the cat.
Tried various exhaust people like ATS and Kwik Fit, then GSF, but to no avail. The 8V system is dead easy to get hold of. Reluctantly headed off to my local dealership where I was quoted (deep breath) £1168 and that includes a 15% discount. I had a budget of £700. I could have a custom built system for that, but want to keep the car in original spec.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what did you do?

Have you tried vagparts.com

Keep it standard is good but you could get a full stainless system for £700 easy and thats for life and they can match the one that is on the car

Steve

try CES (CHESTER EXHAUST SYSTEMS) i think they have a web site if you can request the parts you need. you could if you wanted to save a bit of cash, do away with the cat, just put short pipe on. i had the saloon 16v and found the exhaust was a walker system. if it is a walker system you will have to ask at an exhaust centre and they will steer you in the right direction
hope this helps

Had the car go in for a service and asked the guy to check the exhaust system for a rattle.
The original fault was heard by an exhaust/tyre company (not a national one) and I've been very impressed with their previous work/prices. So when they said a new exhaust was needed I actually believed them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Hence my bemusement when the service engineer informed me that a loose bolt on the exhaust system was causing the rattle. In fact the exhaust system was fine. He's going to sort the bolt out next month when it has it's MOT, and my local exhaust company is now on the list for potential cons. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

On the info above, vagparts.com had some useful stuff, but not the 16V exhaust system and the same with CES. Euro Car Parts did source the system, minus cat, for about £500 and suggested I go to Audi for the cat at about £250, so not too far off the budget off the budget.
Once again, cheers for the info guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

try these for a full system, if yours is pre 1994, get rid of the cat. will probably cost well below £500

Longlife Stainless Steel Exhausts
Unit 6, Lakeside Industrial Estate
Tong Road
Leeds
LS12 4QP
Tel: 0113 279 8944