Audi 100 Quattro 2.3

gags100

Reaction score
I have had 4 Audi's up to now and from all the posts i have read concerning the 5 cyl 2.3 engine , I think i maybe have just been unlucky as I had an Audi 90 2.3 and now this one. But the Audi 100 2.litre was far quicker than both of these cars, but according to the specs it should have been seconds slower from 0 - 60.
both engines have done 114,000 and full service history but are really slow at the bottom end, any sugestions on how i can beef these up would be most appreciated, thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Your 0-60 should be around 10-11 seconds...

Not sure how you could go about modifying it, as have never had the inclination myself, but I imagine you could probably get hold of the multivalve head for a start, or you could consider boring the engine out to a 2.6 and use a different camshaft... or go for turbo charging or super charging. I suppose it depends on what you want to do... :)) (mild conversion or Pikes Peak winner...)

Don't think i would bother throwing all that money at it, might go for a turbo at a later stage though. will get a tune up in a few weeks and see how it goes, thanks for your input though.

have just had a full stainless exhaust put on, bit more power, have to go back as they didn't have the cat flange, then will get rid of the cat , that should make a difference. will keep posting as i do the mods
cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Forgot to mention that for the full system inc cat replacement only cost £345. fitted whist you wait and made to whatever spec you want. if you are interested will post name and address of exhaust centre
thanks

full system ( inc cat ) only cost £345 made to your own spec. will give name of centre, which is in Leeds,if anyone is interested
thanks

sounding superb thanks, have to go back as hey didn't have the cat flange, so it should sound even sweeter.
this is the 10 valve model, but wouldn't part with it.
thanks for replying

Glad to report that the cat is now well and truly filed under "BIN". It sounds awesome and at last is a bit more responsive than it was. Thanks for all your posts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif