Instument panel lights not working . . .

I

imported_jimmy154

When I turn the headlights or daytime lights on the instrument panel won't turn on and the reverse lights don't work. I checked all the bulbs and they are fine. The lights that illuminate the speed and tach gauges are the ones in the instument panel that don't work.

It is also interesting that the sport light in the automatic tranmission turns off when I turn the headlights or daytime lights on.

Any one know what the problem is?

Hi,

Remember me? I thought Johannesburg was in Sweden. I have a Audi 90S year 1994. I fixed my stalling; it was the ICV I think.

I checked bulbs in instrument panel they are good. Checked switch for the lights, it is good. I'm going to check relays now. But I'm not sure if there is a relay for the instrument cluster lights or where it is if there is one. There are relays between and floor and the dashboard as well as under the hood.

Also what is interesting is that the air bag light was not in attached to the instrument panel in the back. It was burned out and lose and the bulb did not fit in the instrutment panel. Must of been put in there by some one after the car was built. I replaced it with a new bulb and left it behind the instrument cluster like it was before, doing nothing.

I will go mess around with those relays now. Tell me what you think, anyone.

Hi, sounds a bit strange to have the airbag bulb illuminating the area behind the clocks?

does it light up?

Yes the bulb was burned out, so I changed it. It does nothing but shine in the back, or does it? As the old-time riddle goes: "if a current flows to a lightbulb behind your instrument panel and nobody is there to see it, does it make light?" We will never know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry about this post, turns out it was the fuse after all. It was #14 fuse, the "instrument cluster light" and not #12 fuse "instrument cluster." Since 12 is before 14 when reading lists, I assumed it was fuse 12. But it was a fun past 2 days. My favorite part was removing and installing the airbag, thinking it was going to blow up in my face. Ahh . . . precious memories /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now I can address my other car problems. Such as, how I'm losing 1/2 liter coolant every month or where that aweful smell is coming from - which is located here http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=160673&an=0&page=0